40 Days for Life La Crosse will be holding a 40 Hour Vigil for Life in conjunction with the national 40 day campaign to pray for an increase in respect for the dignity of all human life.
- We will begin with a Eucharistic procession from St. James the Less Church on Caledonia and Windsor Streets in La Crosse at 2:30pm on Friday, March 25.
- Fr. Scheckel will lead the procession around two blocks, past Options and back to St. James.
- We will be joined by the Staff and students of Providence Academy and we will pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet while we process.
- Then, for 40 hours, from 3 pm Friday, March 25th, through 7 am Sunday, March 27th, we will be holding simultaneous indoor and outdoor vigils.
- There will be Adoration in St. James while the prayer vigil is taking place outside of Options just a couple blocks away.
- We will conclude with Mass on Sunday March 27th at 7:30 am at St. James.
This is the first time we’ve tried this and will need as many bodies to help as we can get. We are looking for everyone… men, women and children, young, old and everything in between.
We are especially appealing to the men. Because we will be conducting the vigil over two entire nights, we would really like to see the men step up and stand up for and with their mothers, wives, sisters, daughters and friends.
To sign up for a time slot, please contact: Elizabeth Garibaldi at firstname.lastname@example.org or (608) 769-4014 or Jennifer Fisk at email@example.com or (608) 783-0246. You can also sign up online at www.40daysforlife.com/lacrosse. Just click on “Vigil Schedule” then on the “Click here to sign up for vigil” and follow the instructions.