40 Days for Life begins this Wednesday in cities around the world (258 locations, the most ever!)
40 Days for Life will be observed in Wisconsin in Eau Claire, Green Bay, Medford, Milwaukee, Stevens Point and Wausau. La Crosse will participate as well in an unofficial capacity.
On Wednesday, February 22, Archbishop Jerome Listecki of the Archdiocese of Milwaukee will lead 40 Days for Life of Milwaukee’s opening prayer vigil. 40 Days for Life is observed in Milwaukee at Affiliated Medical Services (the state’s only late-term abortion facility), located at 1428 N. Farwell Ave. Archbishop Listecki will be there from approximately 10:30-11am. Join us!
There have been nine coordinated 40 Days for Life campaigns since 2007, mobilizing people of faith and conscience in 422 cities across the United States and Canada, plus communities in Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Belize, Denmark, England, Georgia, Germany, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Puerto Rico and Spain.
During these unified efforts, participants witnessed countless blessings from God:
- 1,633 individual campaigns have taken place in 422 cities
- More than 500,000 have joined together in an historic display of unity to pray and fast for an end to abortion
- More than 14,000 church congregations have participated in the 40 Days for Life campaigns
- Reports document 5,045 lives that have been spared from abortion — and those are just the ones we know about
- 61 abortion workers have quit their jobs and walked away from the abortion industry
- 21 abortion facilities completely shut down following local 40 Days for Life campaigns
- Hundreds of women and men have been spared from the tragic effects of abortion, including a lifetime of regrets
- More than 1,800 news stories have been featured in newspapers, magazines, radio shows and TV programs from coast to coast … and overseas
- Many people with past abortion experiences have stepped forward to begin post-abortion healing and recovery