Below is a list of Wisconsin-area observances of Roe v. Wade. Our affiliate list is first, followed by various Wisconsin diocese observances. We will post more information as it comes in, so check back!
Pro-Life Wisconsin affiliate observances of Roe v. Wade:
– PLW Jefferson County: Watertown Pro-Life Group is holding a Roe v. Wade Memorial Event on Saturday, Jan. 22 at St. Henry’s Catholic Church, 412 N. Fourth Street, Watertown. Fr. Brian Wilk will celebrate Mass at 8:30 am, followed by 1 hour Eucharistic Adoration & Benediction. Pro-Life Wisconsin’s Steve Karlen will close the event around 10 am. For additional information, call Tracy at (920) 988-6288 or Ann at (920) 342-7858.
– PLW Winnebago County and Outagamie County: Prayer Vigil on Saturday, Jan. 22 at 10 am. at Planned Parenthood, located at 3800 Gillett St., Grand Chute.
– PLW Marathon County: Pro-Life Rally at St. Mary’s Oratory, 325 Grand Ave, Wausau, Sunday, January 23. Outside Rally begins after Mass at 11 a.m. with prayer services inside and outside. 12 p.m. is lunch. Program begins at 1 p.m. Main speaker is Mercedes Arzu Wilson, Founder/President: Family of the Americas Foundation (FAF), appointed by His Holiness John Paul II – Member of the Pontifical Academy for Life. Topic of speech: Why are we ignoring the root of the problems that lead to abortion?
– PLW Juneau County: The Juneau County March For Life will be held Thursday, Jan. 20 at 6 p.m. It starts at the Juneau County Courthouse. The 38 minute Prayer-March will be followed by Prayer, Speakers and Reception at the First Baptist Church, 148 Grayside Ave., Mauston.
– PLW Milwaukee/Waukesha County: The 2011 Rally for Life will be held on Jan. 15 at Three Holy Women – St. Rita’s campus, 1601 N. Cass St., Milwaukee, WI. Schedule for the day as follows: * 8:10 a.m. Rosary; * 8:30 a.m. Mass with Fr. James Kubicki, SJ, as the main celebrant; * Prayer and witness at Affiliated Medical Services will follow Mass; * 10:30 a.m. Breakfast at St. Rita’s.
– PLW Bayfield County: On January 22, Pro-Life Wisconsin-Bayfield County will hold prayers for all nascent human life at St. Peter and Paul Catholic Church after the 4 p.m. Mass.
– PLW Crawford County: Cenacles of Life will observe Roe v. Wade with the Divine Mercy Chaplet, three Rosaries and Fasting on Friday, Jan. 21 at 3 p.m. at St. John’s in Prairie du Chien, 710 S Wacouta Ave. PLW-Crawford County will also hold a prayer vigil from 10:30-11:30 a.m. at Options in Prairie du Chien (103 N Wacouta Ave, Prairie du Chien, WI 53821) on Saturday, January 22.
– PLW St. Croix County: Prayer Service for Life, January 22, Saturday, Cathedral of St. Paul, St. Paul, MN, 10:30-11:30. Immediately after the Prayer Service for Life, we will promote the culture of life by walking to the St. Paul State Capitol to listen to speakers and participate in other public events. Please call Darla Meyers at (715) 386-1089 for carpooling information. We will depart from the St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, Hudson, parking lot at 9:30 a.m. January 22.
– PLW Rock County will join the Rockford Pro-Life Group on Jan. 21 at 7:30 a.m. at Rockford’s Abortion Mill, 1400 Broadway, Rockford, Ill. Our prayers will include: The Rosary, Chaplet of Divine Mercy, Stations of the Cross, and the Litany for Life in Rockford. At 9 a.m. an ecumenical prayer service and Scripture reading will also be held at the Rockford abortion mill. For more information please contact Kevin at email@example.com or (815) 494-0333. On Saturday Jan. 22, PLW Rock County will hold prayers in the South Beloit Adoration Chapel, 11 a.m. to noon. We will pray together as well have time for silent prayer. If you are not able to come, please do spend time at home or in the Adoration Chapel at another time.
– Vigil for Life of Madison: Prayer vigil at Planned Parenthood, Saturday Jan. 22 at 1 p.m. Planned Parenthood, 3706 Orin Rd., Madison. Father William Vernon, from the Diocese of Madison, will lead prayers.
– PLW Kenosha County will hold a prayer vigil on Saturday, Jan. 22 at 11 a.m. in front of Planned Parenthood, 3601 Roosevelt Rd., Kenosha.
– PLW Hayward County: Queen of Peace, Protector of Life will participate in two pro-life Masses at St. Joseph’s Catholic Church, 10586 Dakota Ave., Hayward. The 4pm Mass on Saturday, Jan. 22 and the 10am Mass on Sunday, Jan. 23 will have special pro-life prayers said and pro-life information will be distributed to the congregation.
If you’re Catholic:
– Diocese of Green Bay: The Most Reverend David L. Ricken will celebrate the Green Bay Diocesan Respect Life Mass at 7 p.m. at St. Bernadette’s Parish in Appleton on Tuesday, January 18 and at St. Peter and Paul Parish, Green Bay on Friday, January 21. Join with others to pray for the sanctity of all human life.
– Diocese of La Crosse: Holy Hours for Life will be held at parishes across the Diocese on Friday, January 21. Click here for locations and times.
– Archdiocese of Milwaukee: Holy Hours for Life will be held across the Archdiocese of Milwaukee on January 21, the Vigil of the National Day of Penance and Prayer, praying in solidarity with thousands across the country. For more information, contact the Respect Life Office of the Nazareth Project at (414) 758-2214 or go to their website.
– Archdiocese of Milwaukee Respect Life Mass: On Saturday, January 22, Archbishop Listecki will preside at the Archdiocese’s observance of the National Day of Penance and Prayer. The Archdiocesan Respect Life Mass will be held at St. Frances Cabrini Parish in West Bend (1025 South 7th Avenue). Seminarians from St. Francis de Sales Seminary will lead the Rosary for Life at 10 a.m., followed by Mass at 10:30 a.m. A reception will follow.